Useful Links

Board index Intruder Custom Maps & Map Maker

Come here to check out new Custom Maps developed by the community or to learn how to make your own maps for Intruder!
RobStorm
Developer
Developer
[Stats]

Intruder Map Maker official thread!

Postby RobStorm » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:29 am

Welcome to the official Intruder Map Maker thread!
You can now create and play your own custom maps in Intruder. All the resources you need to get started will be in this thread.

CONGRATULATIONS: You can now make Intruder maps in Unity 5, which is FREE. These maps must use the new MM and will load in the U5EXP builds on Intruder!

Step 1

Install Unity 4.5.5 and sign up for a trial of Pro.
https://store.unity3d.com/

Currently Unity Pro is necessary to export your Intruder Level File (*.ilf). But you may continue designing your level inside of Unity until you need to export.

Step 2

Open Unity. Start a new project and import the IntruderMM unity package. This will set you up with everything you need to start making your level. Just double click the package when you have your project open or use Assets->Import Package->Custom Package

Step 3

Start making your level! Make sure to grab a SpawnA and SpawnB from the Prefabs folder and place them in your level to choose where your guards and intruders will spawn. The prefabs folder is full a great things to get your levels started such as doors, windows, goal points, briefcases, etc.

Because we are using Unity as the editor, you have control over all of it’s level editing power, so please check out tutorials over the web if there’s anything you want to try.

Step 4

Export and test your level. Next to your Intruder.exe or Intruder.App put a folder called Content and a folder called Levels inside of that. So it should look like this:
Inside Unity go to Intruder->Export Scene for Intruder and save your .ilf file in the Levels folder you just created. Now go to Intruder->Play Scene in Intruder. The first time it will ask you to find your copy of Intruder.exe or Intruder.App. After you find that it will launch the level inside of Intruder so you can test it out offline!

Step 5

Upload and play your levels with others! When your level is all set, export it to save it again and the go to Intruder->Login and Upload. This will open a dialogue box where you will put in the credentials from your Intruder/Superboss forum account. Test out the login to make sure it works, then upload your level! The Unity console will inform you when the upload has completed. Then jump inside of Intruder and click the new Custom Server button in the server tab. Choose your level from the level list and you are ready to play your custom level online with other agents!

Rules

Levels with offensive or copyrighted material may be removed from the Custom Server level list at the discretion of Superboss Games. If you frequently upload material which is unsuitable, your account may be cut off from ever uploading levels again.

More

We will be posting more tutorials in the forums as well as on the official YouTube channel. There are tons of crazy things you can do with the level editor even beyond what have seen in the official levels so far, so make sure to check out some of the custom levels like Oceanside and Target. Join up on the IRC and definitely make a forum post whenever you have a level you want people to review and play.

Now get out there and start making!

bloxri
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Re: Intruder Map Maker official thread!

Postby bloxri » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:20 am

inb4 others. I can get unity pro for free for a short period of time because of college. w00t. Gonna take this up.
"It's like seeing a bowl of Cap'n Crunch, plunging your spoon into your mouth only to discover that the bowl was filled not with crisp, organic milk, but warm tap water." - Evan Lahti

spy
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby spy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:21 am

This is perfect, going to start making some stuff tomorrow!
Thanks for the great update Rob.

ImplixGG

Postby ImplixGG » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:29 am

GREENSCREEN/BLUESCREEN INCOOOMING
I have successfully gotten back into the positive ratings after a week or two! Thank all of you! ImplixGG
My GIF Collection

dongers7878
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby dongers7878 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:23 am

I was hoping this would come around sooner or later.
I suppose the best/most balanced maps will be added to the game in a community update at some point down the road?
Fight me

Kahvikone
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby Kahvikone » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:42 am

dongers7878 wrote:I was hoping this would come around sooner or later.
I suppose the best/most balanced maps will be added to the game in a community update at some point down the road?

This is what I'm hoping for. I think we should have a map making contest for the community. Give people plenty of time to make the maps and then either do a voting or developers pick out the best ones.

deafmints
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby deafmints » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:27 pm

Intruder needs to be in the C: for the test offline feature to work as of 449.

zachthewolfkid
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby zachthewolfkid » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:36 pm

Cool, I'll get right on to a specialized sniper map. Extreme distance, but there'll be two snipers per team. I wrecked building in a broken cities. Thanks Rob, can't wait to see what'll be added in next :mrgreen:
Where'd the peeps go? o.o

zachthewolfkid
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby zachthewolfkid » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:37 pm

zachthewolfkid wrote:Cool, I'll get right on to a specialized sniper map. Extreme distance, but there'll be two snipers per team. I wrecked building in a broken cities. Thanks Rob, can't wait to see what'll be added in next :mrgreen:

Sorry for my atrocious spelling. But yeah

zachthewolfkid
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby zachthewolfkid » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:40 pm

Also, could you make an option to add custom objectives? Because that'd be swell

zachthewolfkid
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby zachthewolfkid » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:38 pm

zachthewolfkid wrote:
zachthewolfkid wrote:Cool, I'll get right on to a specialized sniper map. Extreme distance, but there'll be two snipers per team. I wrecked building in a broken cities. Thanks Rob, can't wait to see what'll be added in next :mrgreen:

Sorry for my atrocious spelling. But yeah

Dang it, I can't get Pro because I tried it before ;(
Sad days. But yeah, if anyone wants to make a level dedicated to sniping (cough - SteelRaven - cough) go ahead, becuase I can't
......I also have no skill with Unity

TheSpiderJem
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby TheSpiderJem » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:00 pm

Holy ballz. Well I know so many places where to get unity pro <3 So here we go hehehehe. Rob, you me hero!

Rekedens
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby Rekedens » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:23 pm

This is so awesomesauce

If I already have Unity Free (which I do), do I also need to download Pro?

Rekedens
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby Rekedens » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:31 am

Are the door/window prefabs able to be resized to fit custom dimensions? Also, is there are correct sizing to model buildings so you can still jump or crawl through windows/etc?

RobStorm
Developer
Developer
[Stats]

Postby RobStorm » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:32 am

Rekedens wrote:Are the door/window prefabs able to be resized to fit custom dimensions? Also, is there are correct sizing to model buildings so you can still jump or crawl through windows/etc?

1 unit in Unity = 1 meter. And yes you can resize the doors and glass prefabs

Rekedens
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby Rekedens » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:58 am

Hmmm, well I'm building some things in Blender, IDK how that'll work. I'll figure it out, thanks!!

dongers7878
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby dongers7878 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:20 am

Is there any way to get a communal Unity Pro account we can all use? That way we can all export freely.
Fight me

MoodyCake
Demoted
Demoted
[Stats]

Postby MoodyCake » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:55 am

Yay now i can't make a map! Because I have Unity free, my Unity pro is expired....When will I be able to export my level as ilf?
http://i.imgur.com/FzoTlP1.png http://i.imgur.com/phfklqt.png

I was raised by a bunch of sweet potatoes :3 IM SWEET :D

Rekedens
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby Rekedens » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:08 pm

Anyone with decent modeling skills want to team up with me to make a custom map?

zachthewolfkid
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby zachthewolfkid » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:01 am

Rekedens wrote:Anyone with decent modeling skills want to team up with me to make a custom map?

I have extreme OCD. Does that count?
But yes, as soon as I'm able to, I'd love to help. What was your idea?

Next

Return to Custom Maps & Map Maker