The intruders must pull off a corporate heist in a detailed urban setting.
The guards must rely on excellent communication and make full use of the building's security systems in order to defend the packages -- including built-in motion sensors and cameras.
The Q-Switch office is comprised of:
Rooftop - Helipad, 360º views
L4 - green - Executive Suites (package location), upper roof access
L3 - red - Offices, Server room (locked - package location), middle roof access
L2 - blue - Cafeteria (keycode location), Kitchen, Lounge
L1 - purple - Lobby, Security room, meeting rooms, street access
B1 - Underground carpark, back-street access
B2 - Underground carpark, sewer access
In addition, the Intruders can access the neighboring buildings (including rooftops, small supermarket, small warehouses, a subway train station, the sewers) in search of alternate entrances.
In play-testing so far, new players have gotten very lost (this is a large map!), often looping around in circles in surrounding areas, without actually making it into the Q-Switch office I'm working on signage/textures to help people navigate, and will put some maps/diagrams in this thread and in the player spawn locations to help new players learn the map. There's lots of secret routes everywhere, so it may take up to an hour to learn the entire map, although learning the layout of the main Q-Switch building is much quicker.
The Q-Switch group is one of the most powerful megacorporations in the world, and their corporate headquarters reflect that strength. No one has ever breached their intimidating, fortress-like compound, until now!
The intruders will have to collect key-codes and infiltrate the security room on the lower floors, and then proceed to the upper floors to retrieve one or both of the packages, before escaping via the subway or the rooftops across the street.
I was originally making this map for an FPS I was making on the HL1 engine (Move In!), which was similar in a lot of ways to Intruder. I never finished the map for that game, so I've dug it out and am now trying to finish it as an Intruder map
- 360º surrounding streets, shops, alleys, sewers - lots of ways to intrude.
- 6 levels, linked by multiple staircases and elevators.
- Shootable security cameras.
- A motion sensor system built into the building, showing which floors have moving people on them.
- Laser sensors, hooked up to alarms.
- Opportunities for teamwork -- switches to temporarily disable lasers / motion sensors, cameras can be temporarily disabled by being shot, some vents can only be accessed by having another player operate the elevator while you stand atop it.
- Two briefcase objectives, one locked behind a keycode door.
- Custom shaders - like faked realtime reflections, faked HDR adaptation between indoor/outdoor, security camera displays.
- Props throughout the level -- computers, couches, desks, chairs, kitchen, broom closets.
- More cover in the streets and carparks (e.g. bushes in the garden boxes).
- A roof-top garden? Or something else on the roof... Air conditioning units, etc...
- More security cameras for the guards?
- A security button to unlock the entire ventilation system?
- Extend the train platform to a realistic length.
- Add a train that passes through the train station, and attach the capture zone to the train.
- Make the lobby columns breakable for epic gunfights
- Ambient noises indoors.
- Background / skybox scenery.
- Optimization for lower-end PC's (most of the map is one mesh, defeating Unity's occlusion culling system) and network performance.
- It seems that qswitch causes more network lag than most maps???
- Balancing of spawn locations.
- Texture everything.
- More signs next to doors/stairs to help you navigate.
- Make elevators more solid so items don't pass through them? Is this possible.
- Reset the elevators at the start of each round to avoid advantages by moving them to the right floor at the end of a round...
- Fix the super-bright and flickering areas.
- Footstep sounds (e.g. carpet).
- Resize all doorways to fit Intruder proportions. Add doors to all doorways...
- Clean up some of the death/slip zones.
v10 - Fixed occlusion culling (framerate issues!!). Temporarily made the sky white instead of black and flickery...
v8/9 - Textured elevators. Experimenting with removing the option to escape by jumping off the roof or from L4 balconies. Added a lockdown panel in the lobby security room.
v7 - More textures, furniture, lights.
v6 - Much less darkness / almost finished redoing the lighting.
v4/5 - Added lights to more areas. Fixed deathzones. Server room trap no longer hilariously flings people in the air. Broke (v4) and fixed (v5) the back alley collision mesh.
v3 - Redoing lighting from scratch. WIP suite C on L4. Added doors to suite A&B. WIP L3 storage / freight elevator. Fixed cafe glass being 1-sided. More material details.
v2 - Fixed terrible performance by baking occlusion and lighting.
v1 - Welcome to unity 5! Added background scenery of a full city. More alleyways and rooftops behind supermarket. Church with sniper roof on the intruder side of the road. Raised highway going through the back-alley, level with Guard spawn room. Above-ground car-park has stairs leading to the back of the building. The L3/L4 stairs near the server room now continue to the rooftop. Rooftop helipad (maybe another escape option in the future?). L3 IT room connects to rooftop. L3 rooftop extends around to the back alley / cafe roof. Maintenance floor squished inbetween B1 and L1. Many more vents (e.g. kitchen, roof air-conditioners). There's now truly 360º access to the QSwitch building.
VERSION NUMBERS RESET AS OF THE Unity5 version
v29 - Quickly fixed missing polygon. Maybe optimized some things...
v27/28 - More vents! More textures! Added a screensaver to the security monitors for performance reasons. Added 2nd motion sensor display to L3 guard room. Added a button to reboot the motion system (temporarily disable it). Added built-in alarm lasers to L4 suites and L3 server room entrances. Added a button to temporarily disable the lasers in the L3 guard room. Added a rope-entrance to the L3 server room. Added a death-trap to the L3 server room - don't stick around after tripping the laser beams in there! (don't ask how the gas slams you around like that; it was the most foolproof deathtrap I could make at the moment..._
v26 - More vents for intruders to infiltrate the upper floors with. New carpet shader. More textures. Made elevators more solid (shouldn't ragdoll thru them!). Gave the lobby security room bullet-proof glass.
v24/25 - Fixed front door sometimes being half locked. Added some special effects - fHakeDR, dust in the lobby air, corrupted camera display when shot.
v23 - Fixed elevator speeds (they now always move at the same max speed, whereas before they always arrived within the same max time -- faster for longer trips, slower for short ones).
v22 - Updated briefing notes. Throttled camera updates to ~5 FPS, to hopefully help with performance.
v21 - Small dumb briefing fixes.
v20 - Added notes and a map in the intruder spawn to help new players.
v19 - Added notes in the guard spawn areas to help new players. Fixed elevator collision problem. Fixed a few elevator door problems.
v18 - Added a built-in motion sensor panel in the lobby security room. Fully implemented both elevators.
v17 - More textures! Smoothed out more stairs! Added spark effect to garage camera as well.
v16 - More textures. Smoothed out some of the staircases so they're easy to walk on now.
v15 - Shiny new lobby floor. Camera emits sparks when disabled. Increased camera recovery time.
v14 - You can shoot the security cameras to temporarily disable them for a few seconds. Added security monitor shader, and camera model.
v13 - WIP elevator can now travel between L1<->L2 and also L1<->L3 (todo: L2<->L3, L3<->L4, basement levels...)
v11/12 - Prototype security cameras.
v10 - Outdoor ambient sounds, prototype elevator! (only in one shaft, only visits levels 1 & 2)
v9 - Parked cars, more labels, more vents.
v8 - Started putting labels on the rooms.
v7 - Added some cubes, slip zones and death zones to solve most exploits for now. Removed water level, added ladder zone in sewers so you can actually sneak in that way!
v6 - Added some vents between security and roof.
v4/5 - Adding materials, fixing broken geometry.
v3 - Fixed server room keycode.
v2 - Added lighting
v1 - Initial upload
Features for map makers
A prefab of the QSwitch security cameras can be downloaded here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zjslhf37wkfs ... Pnsqa?dl=0
Massive thanks to everyone who's tested the map with me