The tournament will start at 4 PM CST (2 PM PST, 5 PM EST, 9 PM GMT) on Saturday, March 21st.
Try to log in to IRC at #IntruderTournaments around 3:30, so we can get everyone organized and started by 4.
The tournament is expected to last 3-4 hours. Be sure to be on time and that you have enough time to finish it. If a teammate does not show up or has to leave early, their team will have to play without them- there will be no substitutions or delays.
There will be 4 teams competing in a single elimination tournament. Only 1 game will be played at a time, so that we can stream all of the matches.
For each match, the first team to win 7 rounds will win the match. After 6 rounds, the teams will switch sides.
In the case of a tie, the teams will replay that round.
Before the first round and after the teams switch, there will be a warm up round that doesn't count for either team's score.
We'll have 4 teams of 3 players each. Signups will be first come, first serve. If you're interested, just reply to this thread with your team name and the names of the three players on your team.
Once again, be sure to join the #IntruderTournaments channel on the IRC. If you don't have an IRC client, you can access it on Superboss's website
- Purposefully glitching or cheating will result in your team losing that match immediately. This includes getting inside the level (such as behind the rocks in the water) or throwing a grenade in the vents while you are alone to teleport yourself a floor below.
- All communication must be in game (no using Skype, TS, or other chat programs).
- Talking when arrested is allowed
- After 7 minutes, if an intruder is “camping” and is not making progress to achieve the objective, they will receive a warning from the casters. If they still have not made any more progress after a minute, their team loses that game.
- Using voice chat when you are dead is discouraged (it will interfere with the casting). If you need to say something, use text chat.
- C4 jumping is not allowed (using explosives to reach somewhere you couldn't otherwise quickly reach)
- Using the cardboard box "hat" is not allowed.
Once again, we'll have a couple of people streaming and casting the matches. RobStorm has agreed to stream, and TehBucket will be co-casting.
The games will be streamed at the Intruder Tournaments twitch page, and videos will be posted later to the Youtube page.
Kool Kids Klan
The Men with Excellent Hats