Useful Links

Board index Intruder Custom Maps & Map Maker

Come here to check out new Custom Maps developed by the community or to learn how to make your own maps for Intruder!
TehBucket
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

[Custom Map] Tutorial

Postby TehBucket » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:05 am

So I thought Intruder could use an ingame tutorial, something a brand new player could run through and learn the basics of equipment and controls without prior knowledge or a helpful community member. I haven't figured out dumb stuff so it's pretty simple right now but I fit everything in I thought I should fit in, stuff I usually say over the mic to new players. It doesn't teach the maps though. Also I think there's something funky with the water. If anyone has things I should add or advice on how i get stupid stuff working (like I don't think the doors lock, the note doesn't seem to work at all) etc.

the script:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12Rnr3PIPj4RUAM906tkDON-w2BQajzkuOUF__THW0HQ/edit?usp=sharing

ryguytheguy
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Re: [Custom Map] Tutorial

Postby ryguytheguy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:22 pm

I like the idea a lot, this is definitely something we need.

You might want to add a water tutorial about how you can only use certain items underwater, or how to swim and not drown. Also, it might be easier if the button for the song target was at the front of the level with a little note above it saying, "press v to activate targets." One more suggestion is that you put a solid background behind the text because it blends with the clouds and is hard to read.
Great map, I'm sure it'll help out tons of people.

bmanrules
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Re: [Custom Map] Tutorial

Postby bmanrules » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:46 pm

TehBucket wrote:So I thought Intruder could use an ingame tutorial, something a brand new player could run through and learn the basics of equipment and controls without prior knowledge or a helpful community member. I haven't figured out dumb stuff so it's pretty simple right now but I fit everything in I thought I should fit in, stuff I usually say over the mic to new players. It doesn't teach the maps though. Also I think there's something funky with the water. If anyone has things I should add or advice on how i get stupid stuff working (like I don't think the doors lock, the note doesn't seem to work at all) etc.

the script:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12Rnr3PIPj4RUAM906tkDON-w2BQajzkuOUF__THW0HQ/edit?usp=sharing

Add a Box Collider to the NoteProxy prefab :)

Great script, I'll have a proper read through it in a bit and see if I can think of anything to add!

Return to Custom Maps & Map Maker