Discuss Intruder and real world tactics here
Lucien
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Post your role!

Postby Lucien » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:30 pm

For instance, here are a few roles (Riverside) on the side of Guard:

Sniper: Go grab that sniper room in Lab B, and take out some obnoxious roof-intruders!
Package Protector: Place a sensor or two with both packages, and hide near one, calling out any suspicious characters before the guard is seen.
Scout: Hides and generally doesn't make himself known, calling out locations of people from the roof. Uses silenced pistol only.
Vent Sweeper: Stays in the vents to make sure no pesky Intruder gets near the server room, etc.

Intruder:
Package Hunter: Whether it be upstairs or downstairs, the intruder needs to get that package and get out!
Aid: An intruder that groups with another intruder, alerting the other if he sees any guards while the intruder steals the package!

etc. etc.

Here should be a thread based in giving beginners ideas of the kind of things they should be doing while in the game to make themselves useful, from the very beginning.
Don't let anyone pull you so low as to hate them. - Martin Luther King Jr.

A creative artist works on his next composition because he was not satisfied with his previous one. -Dmitri Shostakovich

Enemby
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Re: Post your role!

Postby Enemby » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:16 pm

Intruder:
Distraction: Rushes into guard house to draw fire and attention away from another teammate. Usually used when capturing the package.

Calahagus
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby Calahagus » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:54 pm

Rocket Jumper: That asshole that gets killed every round because he hits the roof.
Good thing I have this sniper rifle and my good sense of stealth.

Marxman
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby Marxman » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:05 am

Player: Has the amazing ability to play the game competently and use communication. Improved ability to switch up tactics if getting stomped.

TehBucket
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby TehBucket » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:13 am

Distraction: There's nothing like bunny hopping through gardens with a riot shield.

Lucien
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby Lucien » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:12 am

Marxman wrote:Player: Has the amazing ability to play the game competently and use communication. Improved ability to switch up tactics if getting stomped.

Well, I mean obviously a person won't do the same thing all the time, even during rounds, this is mostly for the beginners that just run across the bridge and get stomped on.
Don't let anyone pull you so low as to hate them. - Martin Luther King Jr.

A creative artist works on his next composition because he was not satisfied with his previous one. -Dmitri Shostakovich

Zikel

Postby Zikel » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:35 am

Subterfuge: Deceiving enemies into believing one thing, then striking at the opportune moment.

Playersonality
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby Playersonality » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:06 pm

Camera Creep: The first and last thing you see is the tip of his camera stick.

Rekedens
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby Rekedens » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:34 pm

I'm flexable, I'll change my role depending on my team. I normally go for the sniper because I'm a deadly beast and I can kill people before they know what hit them.

PhilGraves
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby PhilGraves » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:34 pm

I'm a Lab-A-Scientist. I like to protect Lab A since most guards leave it wide open. Also Lab A is a great mid-point and I can radio out intel to fellow guards, and get to most key choke points within seconds. Lab A's very valuable strategically!

(Edit: "guards" not "cards")
Last edited by PhilGraves on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marxman
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby Marxman » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:11 pm

Lucien wrote:
Marxman wrote:Player: Has the amazing ability to play the game competently and use communication. Improved ability to switch up tactics if getting stomped.

Well, I mean obviously a person won't do the same thing all the time, even during rounds, this is mostly for the beginners that just run across the bridge and get stomped on.

I'm a shooter. I lean around corners a lot, use only semi-auto, use grenades prolifically, and love flanking people. I use the SMG 90% of the time, because if I do have to shoot I want to have a lot of rounds to back me up. Occasionally use sniper and love shooting through windows.

If that stops working I change it up.

Thisisnotatag
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby Thisisnotatag » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:26 am

Rusher.

I am here to ruin any plan you have, because I am sure you did not account for a crazy leg shooter charging right at you.

TehBucket
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby TehBucket » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:20 pm

Cop: Will do anything in his power to arrest you, under enemy fire, by traps, hanging off the edge of a precipice, these things have no effect on his determination. Will use elaborate traps and strategies to lay thine enemies on their backs vulnerable to his wildest desires, even when the unaware enemy could easily be dispatched with a shot. Arrested, screaming enemies are used as a part of new traps until the cop jumps laughs and ragdolls triumphantly on a sea of blue, on a mountain of contorted screaming bodies.

Calahagus
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby Calahagus » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:46 pm

TehBucket wrote:Cop: Will do anything in his power to arrest you, under enemy fire, by traps, hanging off the edge of a precipice, these things have no effect on his determination. Will use elaborate traps and strategies to lay thine enemies on their backs vulnerable to his wildest desires, even when the unaware enemy could easily be dispatched with a shot. Arrested, screaming enemies are used as a part of new traps until the cop jumps laughs and ragdolls triumphantly on a sea of blue, on a mountain of contorted screaming bodies.

Jesus christ, you just made arresting sound terrifying.

FleshyPig
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby FleshyPig » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:59 am

Ninja: the sneakiest of them all, using smoke as an escape and not a distraction, using a gun in a desperate situation or when at range. Uses only the most honourable take downs and distractions such as breaking glass throwing gas and looking badass. Arrestng is the way to do ut gettingbas much information out of our captive as possible, "he waits in his spot waiting for his enemy to come"

dash219
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby dash219 » Sat May 17, 2014 7:50 pm

Guard- Lab A Gymnast: Rig up lab A, then patrol like an idiotic AI until I can find someone to arrest and do frontflips on.
Intruder- Speed-runner: use ragdoll parkour to get to the package and bag as quickly as possible (high-score: ~50 seconds)

Dregas
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby Dregas » Sun May 18, 2014 3:19 am

Intruder side - Solid Snake role - Goes off on own to finish mission. Uses radio to call allies but they usually say the same useless bullcrap, so it's solo sneaking mission AGAIN. Smoke a cig, hope my evil brother doesn't mack on my girl.

Guard Side - Turtle role - Rig up a key location, then move to a different key location slowly to ensure safety. Then hide until enemies have tripped traps or enter sight and SNAP.

Calahagus
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby Calahagus » Sun May 18, 2014 3:57 am

Dregas wrote:Solid Snake role

You should watch this :P

Dregas
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby Dregas » Sun May 18, 2014 5:36 pm

I didn't really like that video. =/ While the guy was obviously being humorous, he was making the last person on his team the blunt of his jokes for what seems like simply trying to play the game the way he wanted to.

When I'm busting out the Snake role, it's usually because nobody else is trying (ie rushing the bridge, shooting eachother, killing selves, etc.) I know I made a joke at the end of my role but if I'm ever on Intruder side, most of the time I'm the last person alive.

Calahagus
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby Calahagus » Sun May 18, 2014 11:01 pm

Dregas wrote:I didn't really like that video. =/ While the guy was obviously being humorous, he was making the last person on his team the blunt of his jokes for what seems like simply trying to play the game the way he wanted to.

When I'm busting out the Snake role, it's usually because nobody else is trying (ie rushing the bridge, shooting eachother, killing selves, etc.) I know I made a joke at the end of my role but if I'm ever on Intruder side, most of the time I'm the last person alive.

The last person was me :P What you don't see is them apologizing after the round.

I just heard solid snake and thought of the video.

Next

Return to Tactical HQ